Why are our retirement contributions increasing?! To find out, please read our new myBTA Newsletter for… [more]
DISCOUNT TIKS available!!!!!!!!!
Here's a wonderful resource provided by the Riverside County School Boards Association for teachers to… [more]
Healthcare Pool Powerpoint
Please view the Healthcare Pool powerpoint (below) to understand the structure and issues related to… [more]
CTA & NEA Member Benefits
Want to earn your dues money back?!! Then, check out all the benefits provided by CTA and NEA. There… [more]
Back to School! Already?!!
Welcome Back to School!! BTA is hoping you have a wonderfully successful and fun 2014-15 school year.… [more]
Why are our retirement contributions increasing?! To find out, please read our new myBTA Newsletter for important information!
Click here: myBTA Newsletter Sept. 2014
Here’s a wonderful resource provided by the Riverside County School Boards Association for teachers to get discount tickets to many events and amusement parks, including Disneyland, Universal Studios, LA County Fair, Dodger games, movie tickets and so many more!! Please find the RCSBA’s Activities and Events by Recreation Connection site below:
Click here: Recreation Connection
To order tickets, please follow these steps:
1. Go to RecreationConnection.com — link above.
2. Click on “Members Enter Here” (left side, red font).
3. Choose an event/park — you can search by region or choose events populated on that page. In “Your Shopping Cart”, select the number of tickets needed and shipping option. Tickets are available by mail and/or e-tickets (depending on the event/park).
4. Proceed to “Checkout”. The last section on this page is “Company Affiliation” — for company name, enter “Riverside County School Boards”. IMPORTANT NOTE: if you put BUSD, the system will not recognize the company name, and you will NOT receive your tickets.
Please view the Healthcare Pool powerpoint (below) to understand the structure and issues related to the BTA healthcare pool. Your site reps will be discussing this issue at your sites and asking for your input.
Thank you for being involved!!
Site visits have been scheduled for the following dates:
8th: Anna Hause Elem. 12:10-1:35 p.m.
Three Rings Ranch Elem. 1:50 p.m.
Mountain View MS 3:15 p.m.
9th: Palm Elem. 11:50-1:20 p.m.
10th: Brookside Elem. 12:10-1:20 p.m.
11th: Sundance Elem. 11:45-1:10 p.m.
12th: Tournament Hills Elem. 10:50-12:15 p.m.
22nd: San Gorgonio MS 11:20-1:00 p.m.
23rd: Glen View & 21st CLI 12:00-12:40 p.m.
Please stop by to let us know what is on your mind.
Just a reminder that the First Friday Social will be this Friday from 4:00-6:00 at BHS. We will be doing a BBQ in honor of the first Football Game of the year.
- -Hot Dogs– Hamburgers– Veggie Burgers– Drinks Please meet us at the BBQ Pit in the back of the school overlooking the football field. It is located between the E and F buildings.
SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!
Your 2014-2015 Executive Board Members are:
President: Gregory Abt, Beaumont High
1st Vice President: Evonne Trent, ESF
2nd Vice President: Michael Williams, Beaumont High
Secretary: Susannah Christopher, San Gorgonio Middle
Treasurer: Luis Salcedo, Palm Elementary
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact members of our E-Board and/or any Site Representative. The new list of site reps will be provided soon.
Please be involved in YOUR association!
Rep. Council meetings will be held the first Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m. at Beaumont High, Room H-106.
… everyone is welcome, snacks and childcare are provided!
Want to earn your dues money back?!!
Then, check out all the benefits provided by CTA and NEA. There are many ways to SAVE MONEY: shopping; restaurant coupons; entertainment and travel discounts; AT&T and Verizon wireless account discounts; auto and home insurance; financial services; credit card programs; auto rental; on-line learning; Well-Baby Program; auto buying program; auto and home loans; magazine subscriptions; student loan program; Medicare supplement program; online bookstore for teacher resources; and more!
As a MEMBER, you also get many FREE benefits:
Educators Employment Liability insurance; Vision Discount Program; complimentary Life, Disability, Death, and Dismemberment insurance plans (lookup your limits!); Disaster Relief Fund; attorney services.
Check out YOUR benefits here: CTAMemberBenefits.org
P.S. download the CTA Member Benefits App now available at the App Store!!
Welcome Back to School!! BTA is hoping you have a wonderfully successful and fun 2014-15 school year. As our District continues to grow, please help us in welcoming all our new teachers and students. In addition, please SUBSCRIBE to this site (top right) to get all updates emailed to you as soon as they are posted here — you will also then have access to this site’s Google calendar. We look forward to hearing from each of you as we all work together to continue to make BUSD one of the most successful school districts around!! Welcome Back!
Your BTA E-Board,
President: Gregory Abt
1st Vice President: Evonne Trent
2nd Vice President: Michael Williams
Secretary: Susannah Christopher
Treasurer: Luis Salcedo
BTA is so excited to welcome 65 (and still counting?) new teachers for the 2014-15 school year!!! Please SUBSCRIBE to this website (top right of this page) to get up-to-date information and calendar dates.
If you need any assistance, just ask the nearest BTA teacher or contact one of us, your BTA E-Board, for assistance. We hope you have an exciting and wonderful year!
Read and Share This Information!
Governor’s Budget Would Give Schools $10B in Additional Funding
Several BTA teachers attended a recent LGBTQ conference to better serve our students. If you would like more information on student civil liberties, please visit the ACLU’s site here: https://www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights and view the powerpoint that was presented: LGBTQ – The Rights of LGBTQ Students – Adult
NEW SCHOOL FUNDING!!!
Wondering what LCFF and LCAP means to BUSD, your classrooms, and our community? Review the information in the document attached below and get YOUR IDEAS and YOUR VOICE heard!!
Click here: BTA LCFF
Need to know the BTA events schedule so that you can
get involved? Quickly add the BTA Google Calendar to
your personal or professional calendar!
Let your voice be heard!
BTA should work for you — ARE THEY?
That is a GREAT question! But it is worded incorrectly. It should read “You should work for BTA.” Why? Because YOU are BTA! There are over 370 members in BTA. Those 5 names on E-Board represent you; they are not BTA! YOU are BTA!
- BTA is restructuring all committees, so that more members, YOU, can get involved!
- Organizing is ongoing. The minute we stop organizing is the minute we stop moving forward.
- Negotiations start in December — site visits have confirmed 3 areas of concern that our membership feels strongly about: Reasonable Healthcare, Class Size Reduction, and Salary.
If you want to be part of the restructuring that is occurring, come to Applebee’s tomorrow from 3:30-5:00 p.m. and seriously consider signing up for one of these committees:
1. Organizing: (Go out to school sites, phone calls, assessment of membership. Talking to the members to insure we all want the same goals.)
2. Community Outreach: (Cherry Festival and other community events)
3. PAC (Political Action; help with elections) Julio Martinez -Chair
4. Elections (Ratification of contract and BTA elections) Carol Stairs – Chair
5. Grievance: Jennifer Tilson – Chair
6. Healthcare: New Committee
7. Communications (Social Media) Betsy Newmeyer – Appt. Chair
8. Scholarship: Kelsey Tedrow – Chair
A little birdie told me that some BTA Site Reps have gone rogue.
Reps have been spotted around school snapping photos of only the most fabulous bulletin board to be found. And those photos just might make their way onto our BTA Pinterest boards. So spiff up those classrooms. You never know what spy is lurking about. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!